Sunday, September 12, 2010

Trail to Ale is one week away!

This time next week I will be stretching and warming up for my first ever 10K!!
I am both excited and nervous.
I am not feeling completely prepared for it, but if I can run 4-5 miles I CAN run 6.2 :)

I am running the Trail to Ale 10K in Portland next week. It was recommended to me because it is run on the Portland Trail Systems and it is a lot of fun, not your typical road race. I love that idea as living where I do, I run on a lot of back dirt roads and logging roads. Bu the best part of the race, is the after party... wher eI get to indulge in a free beer YUMMMM!!!!

This race is my stepping stone to the next phase in my training as I spend the Winter training for 15K's and a possible half marathon :) I will keep you posted as to how I finish next weekend and my training over the Winter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment