Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Starting a new year with new perspectives :)

In 2010, I worked, worked, worked like a crazy woman. Not having much time for either myself or my family. It was a really hard year for me. I didn't like the amount of time I was working and not getting what I thought I should for the time I was putting in to all the work I was doing.

My cake business has taken off and is doing pretty good. It's been kind of quiet since the Fall came and the snow flew, but that is to be expected when business is quiet at the local establishments. Ten, this Fall, I was presented a WONDERFUL opportunity. The afterschool program I was working in, the assitant director took a leave of absence and I was asked to fill in per diem while she w:as out. Then, she ended up not coming back and giving her notice. I applied for the position and got it :) YEAH!!!! A Monday thru Friday job!!! WOO HOO!! I gave my notice at the Caratunk Post Office and worked my last Saturday shift on Decmeber 18th. I am now working Monday thru Friday and have my weekends to spend with my Family :) It has been soooooo nice!!!!!!!!

In 2011, I am going to be signing up for more runs also. I am taking on the Sugarloaf 15K and begin training as soon as possible (I am currently battling a bad chest cold and pink eye, UGH!!) I am planning on adding these runs on here to my schedule and will keep you posted on my training and how I do in the races I sign up for. I would really like to run the Boston 5K the day before the Boston Marathon and stay down there to watch the Boston the following day. If anyone would like to join me, let me know!! It would be fun to do this with some friends :)

This year I am alos in hopes to finish dropping the last of my weight and be down to my goal weight of 130 pounds, with the ultimate of goals to get down to 125 :) I have my eyes set on the goal and if I finally reach that weight goal, I am rewarding myself with a complete spa day!! Massage, pedicure, manicure, facial, color and cut :) YEE HAW!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2011 and I will keep you updated on my progresses :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are doing good! I hope to see more of your great cakes that you post on facebook! 130lbs is my goal weight, hopefully this year will get us both there and if we lived closer we would both have that spa day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH man, 130 is MY goal!! Geez, if we both get there then maybe we can spa together! ha ha

    Awesome on Sugarloaf. You will love it. I might be doing the 15k too, but I am not sure yet.

    I miss seeing you on Sat at the PO! Bailey misses you too!

    ReplyDelete