Monday, May 17, 2010

Starting a Blog

So I have decided to start a blog to help keep friends and family in the loop as to what we are up to as a family since we live such a busy life!

Tom:
Is still working at Moose River Lumber as the Project Engineer and Maintenance Supervisor. He has been there since January of 2000. After the downturn in the building market last year, things are starting to pick up again at the Mill.
He is also the 3rd Assessor for The Forks Plantation, the small little town we live in. He has been 3rd Assessor for two years now.

Heather:
Where do I begin??? My work schedule is crazy! I work as a PMR for the USPS in the Caratunk PO and the Jackman PO borrows me to help fill in for their clerks from time to time. I also work in the Live 2 Learn program at Forest Hills School in Jackman everyday after school. What an incredible program to be involved with! I am also the Treasurer for The Forks Plantation and the School Board Chair! I am also involved with Tommy's preschool and I am the Vice-Chair for the Jackman Region Community Association (JRCA).
I also have a Cake Business, Cakes By Heather, that I have run since 2007 and has been growing quite a bit in the past year. It has been a great venture and I am loving doing something I am passionate about. The best is the look on people's faces when I deliver their cakes and they see the final product :-)

Tommy:
Is 5 years old now! Where has the time gone??
He starts Kindergarten in the Fall at Forest Hills School in Jackman. He is very excited!
His first season of T-Ball starts on June 7th. We are looking forward to watching him play baseball and hope he enjoys it.

I am looking forward to updating everyone as to what we are up to as a family and I will be adding blogs to this of the things we have done in the past few months too :)

1 comment:

  1. HEY! Welcome to the blog world! Hey so you know - I learned a great way to get followers is to comment on their blogs. They usually check yours out, then follow. WOOT!

    I think you should have a race report from your last 5k, but that is just me. I have a one track mind. :)

    ReplyDelete